LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Friday, December 05, 2008

Whilce Portacio talks about TRESE


An AZ VIDEO BLOG : Whilce Portacio's message to pinoy komikeros

From the video:
The first topic is comments on Filipino Komiks … on what’s been happening in the local scene lately. I have to say I’ve been very proud of what been happening lately with books like Zsazsa Zaturnnah and the reaction its gotten from the Philippine society as a whole.

And I’m extremely proud of, for instance, Trese. … when I was in the Philippines and I was introduced to this ghost-hunter subculture in the Philippines, I was enthralled by that. And I always thought someone should who take that world, those people, and show the world what’s that really like.

I believe Budj and Kajo have done an exquisite job of giving us that slice of life, of that world, that what that subculture in the Philppines is like, and I believe once that gets known with world gets to know that, they’re just going to go crazy.


FROM : http://whilcefriends.blogspot.com/
Trese... is one of the best ongoing books in that market. It is the book I would love to write myself...about Filipinos in the Philippines and all doing purely Filipino things in Filipino ways. They capture the true atmosphere of the Manila I know and love.

No comments: